Vice President of Human Resources
The VP, Human Resources must share our passion for helping patients and will use that passion to attract like-minded team members. The impact of this position will escalate in the next few years as the company expects significant growth and cultural evolution as the business transitions from a development- to a commercial-stage organization, with the approval and launch of our first product.
Team builder – Attracts, develops, and motivates team members to reach superior performance in the attainment of Milestone’s objectives and business deliverables;
Culture builder – Develops and drives the culture of the company by ensuring Milestone’s principles and core values are established with clarity and honored throughout the organization;
Persuasive Communicator – Demonstrates ability to package ideas concisely and effectively—both orally and in writing—to encourage transparency, build rapport, and to motivate, inspire and create positive momentum;
Framework and Systems builder – Designs and oversees policies, practices, systems and programs that support employee needs with the efficiencies a growing organization requires;
Problem Solver – Highly skilled at building relationships and resolving employee issues.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborates with executive leadership to create a vision for Milestone’s long-term mission and goals, core competencies, and goals, and develops strategies to translate those goals into sustainable programs, practices, and behaviors;
- Provides overall Human Resources leadership and guidance, collaborative coaching, and mentoring by overseeing talent acquisition, employee relations, issue resolution, succession planning, and compensation;
- Understands the business and human capital needs of the functional areas of Milestone and collaborates with leaders to fill those needs with outstanding talent while aligning across company guidelines and practices;
- Works closely with the commercial team—including partner organizations—in support of building a successful revenue-generating organization including marketing, sales, market access, medical affairs, operations, etc.;
- Develops comprehensive strategic recruiting and retention plans to align employee capabilities in support of corporate goals;
- Designs and leads the implementation of programs to understand and build employee talents and help them to achieve their professional potential;
- Aligns with federal, state, and local legal requirements through appropriate policies and practices;
- Represents the company in employee-related matters including legal and government matters as well as inquiries from external sources;
- Provides management and oversight to the Human Resources team;
- Develops Milestone’s employer brand proposition by recommending programs and practices to encourage an upbeat and engaged corporate culture; and
- Embodies a human-centered culture through respect, understanding, and positive internal communication, in support of corporate goals.
Educations, Background, Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in business, Human Resources or related field, Master’s or Law degree a plus;
- Minimum fifteen years of HR experience with at least five years in the pharmaceutical industry;
- Strong knowledge of employment law and statutory requirements;
- Experience building a pharmaceutical commercial launch team is highly preferred;
- Small entrepreneurial pharmaceutical company experience is a plus;
- Experience working with a Canadian entity is a plus;
- Experience with compensation benchmarking and best practices is desired;
- Oversight of the Human Resources function and strong leadership skills are expected;
- Significant experience in recruitment, onboarding, benefits, HR compliance, compensation, and policies; and
- Exceptional communication abilities, both written, oral as well as presentation skills are required
- Strong moral character and always acting with integrity;
- Exceptional interpersonal abilities: a people person that encompasses a welcoming and caring personality with a positive, enthusiastic attitude;
- Excellent negotiating abilities including strong influencing and diplomacy skills;
- Demonstrated problem solving, judgment, and decision-making abilities—particularly with soft issues;
- Energetic, committed, and driven team player with a can-do entrepreneurial mindset; and
- Adaptable, with the ability to manage multiple and shifting priorities.
- Patient needs are continually upheld as our guiding light;
- Teamwork is strengthened in an environment in which we support, challenge and care for each other while having fun and celebrating our achievements together;
- We maintain an entrepreneurial mindset that places high value on grit (courage and resolve);
- Decision making is based on evaluating information and the merits of the idea; and
- We act individually and as a team with humility, empathy, and unwavering integrity.
Milestone Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity employer
Disclaimer: The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, but rather are intended only to describe the general nature of the position.