Duties and Responsibilities
- Directs all internal accounting activities at Milestone, including general ledger accounting, and financial reporting;
- Establishes and maintains internal controls with advice and assistance of outside auditors;
- Ensures all financial transactions are executed and documented in accordance with U.S Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (G.A.A.P.) and SEC regulation and reporting requirements;
- Ensures reporting on tax matters meet compliance standards, and are executed and completed in accordance with regulations in both U.S. and Canadian jurisdictions;
- Ascertains that finance section of electronic data room remains current and accurate to ensure data integrity;
- Assures control over cash management and develops cash-flow projections to management;
- Prepares financial statements for quarterly and annual reporting, including comparative financials;
- Designs, prepares and implements controls and processes to ensure company compliance in accordance with SOX;
- Coordinates activities in preparation for quarterly reviews, SEC reporting, SOX compliance, as well as internal and external audits;
- Provides guidance to leadership regarding annual budget and quarter forecasting procedures, including cash burn forecasts across all departments;
- Participates in due diligence processes as needed.
Educations, Background, Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent education required; MBA, CPA and/or CA preferred;
- 10+ years of similar experience (pharmaceutical company experience preferred);
- 3-5 years of experience managing a team;
- 3+ years of public accounting and reporting experience required;
- Deep knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (G.A.A.P.) and financial reporting;
- In-depth knowledge of U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) reporting regulation, including SOX compliance required;
- Oversight of payroll, and experience with U.S multi-state and Canadian payroll preferred;
- Accounting ERP experience—Microsoft Dynamics experience a plus;
- Experience providing oversight for an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) conversion preferred;
- Fluency in both English and French a plus!
- Excellent decision-making skills, with a strong ability to draw conclusions, as well as analyze and interpret financial data;
- A resourceful, confident financial professional with excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Results driven with an entrepreneurial mindset, eager to work with a team dedicated on developing a unique pharmaceutical product to improve the lives of patients;
- Ability to articulate financials and reporting clearly and concisely to both internal and external stakeholders;
- Excellent ability to prioritize and multitask effectively while maintaining a commitment to the integrity and accuracy of data;
- Demonstrated ability to identify and resolve financial issues and effectively manage timelines;
- Responsible and responsible—able to quickly reprioritize among duties, maintains appropriate sense of urgency;
- Collaborative team player and manager who provides strong guidance and direction, while allowing team members opportunities to develop and grow.
Milestone Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity employer
Disclaimer: The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, but rather are intended only to describe the general nature of the position.