Director, RWE and HEOR
Milestone Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity employer. This position will be in Charlotte, NC.
WHY JOIN MILESTONE?
At Milestone, we aspire to advance and implement paradigm shifts for cardiac therapy. We are currently focused on developing anti-arrhythmia treatments for self-administration outside of the emergency department or hospital setting for patients with acute episodes of paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia (PSVT) and atrial fibrillation (AFib), as well as other episodic cardiovascular conditions.
In addition to our science and innovation, we are a team guided and driven by our core values. Patient needs and empowerment are continually upheld as central to our mission. Our teamwork is strengthened in an environment in which we support and challenge each other while enjoying and celebrating our achievements. We maintain an entrepreneurial, proactive, and action-oriented mindset that places high value on grit, courage, and resolve. Decision-making is based on evaluating information and an idea’s merits; data-driven proposals are both supported and sought. We act individually and as a team with humility, candor, empathy, and unwavering integrity.
We have been successful in attracting and empowering best-in-class talent and we seek those with passion to join on our journey to develop treatments and to motivate change. We are excited about possibilities of this team and what we can accomplish together.
HOW WILL YOU ACHIEVE AT MILESTONE?
The Director of RWE and HEOR will be responsible for developing, leading, and delivering innovative and scientifically robust evidence in support of the etripamil value proposition across all phases of the etripamil product life cycle (peri-launch, premarket approval, early lifecycle planning). You will drive the development of RWE and HEOR approaches, techniques, and standards at Milestone. You will collaborate with multiple stakeholders and partner throughout the organization to design RWE and HEOR studies, procure or outsource relevant datasets, implement analyses to address product- and disease-area research questions, and ensure seamless coordination with existing evidence generation plans and needs (i.e., market research, clinical trials, Phase IV studies). This will require a deep understanding of health services research methods to define appropriate research questions, data sources and study designs, and ensure rigorous and fit-for-purpose analytical approaches. You will need excellent technical, collaboration, and communication skills, as well as an entrepreneurial attitude to work with and through others.
YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
- Development and execution of RWE and HEOR value propositions for etripamil that are aligned with and supportive of the medical, marketing and market access strategies
- Partner with agency to develop AMCP Dossier, Cost Effectiveness and Budget Impact models, and field tools to support etripamil contracting, coverage, and reimbursement
- Serve as subject matter expert for RWE/HEOR research design, methodologies, data sources, analytic techniques, and reporting
- Facilitate value- and outcomes-based evaluations in support of contracting with payer organizations
- Collaborate with Clinical Development to ensure HEOR input is included in Phase 3 & 4 studies for etripamil and any future assets.
- Collaborate with Commercial counterparts. An important goal of RWE/HEOR will be to lead the generation of data that will be key in commercial access actions.
- Provide internal training on HEOR methodologies and data results to colleagues
- Work cross-functionally with key internal stakeholders to define specific customer needs and drive the RWE generation strategy accordingly
- Work with key external stakeholders; including, but not limited to, patients, providers, economists, payers, healthcare organizations, and policymakers to define specific customer needs and drive the RWE generation strategy accordingly
- Develop research plans, protocols, and budgets; conduct analyses and prepare drafts, final reports, abstracts, and manuscripts
- Background in statistics or a working knowledge of applying statistical methods to research in RWE/HEOR.
- Incorporate business requirements and concerns of top tier customers and KOLs into RWE / HEOR strategies, analytic tools, and results-focused approaches
- Identify and maintain successful research relationships with RWE and HEOR KOLs and other clinical and/or academic consultants
- Work closely with medical writers and analysts to ensure analysis and scientific material is appropriate, relevant, and accurate
- Represent Milestone at RWE/ HEOR-related external professional, scientific meetings, and forums
- Advanced graduate degree (MS/MPH, PhD, or PharmD) in HEOR-related field (e.g., social sciences, psychology, healthcare/data analytics, health services research, public health, epidemiology)
- At least 5 years of experience in HEOR and/or market access in the pharmaceutical industry. Cardiovascular experience preferred but not mandatory (Minimum of 10 years combined experience in health economics and outcomes research, or directly related field (e.g., market access, payer / reimbursement research, PRO / quality of life, value dossier, cost effective analysis / modeling, and budget impact modeling)
- Demonstrates progressive advancement in relevant RWE, health economics or professional roles in the pharmaceutical or biomedical industry, a managed care, public sector, academic organization, RWE/HEOR research organization, or other setting in which responsibilities included population-based healthcare management and/or evidence generation
- Strong knowledge of various aspects of effective RWE / HEOR generation and implementation including the management of consulting relationships, clinical registry management, observational protocol design, oversight of relevant data collection and/or procurement, analytic plan development, data analysis, KOL engagement, and the development of research findings into publications and field resources/deliverables in alignment with medical, product and channel strategies
- Extensive knowledge of methodological approaches and tools in health services research to include retrospective database analysis, cost-effectiveness analysis, budget impact models, modeling studies, and/or patient reported outcomes assessment
- Strong knowledge of the U.S. healthcare system and the reimbursement processes/decision making; familiarity with ex-US systems or experience in collaborating with international HEOR colleagues, payor questions, and marketing approval criteria would be a plus
- Knowledge of RWE data sources, prospective patient reported outcomes research methods, and payer claims databases; demonstrated ability to maintain a strong understanding of the evolving U.S. healthcare environment and implications for HEOR strategy
- Ability to think creatively and innovatively about HEOR approaches to a growing cardiovascular indication
- Data-driven approach to market analysis and decision-making, with a strong scientific acumen
- Exceptional skills in communication, verbal and written with a goal-oriented, entrepreneurial mindset
- Demonstrates strong project management and leadership skills
- Excellent presentation skills and confidence in presenting to a variety of audiences
- Demonstrates problem solving, judgment and decision-making abilities
- Successful track-record of collaboration across all areas of a R&D and commercial organization
- Demonstrates ability to influence and manage multiple internal and external stakeholders and ability to build effective relationships
- Learns quickly and adapts rapidly in complex situations with ability to manage multiple and shifting priorities
- Demonstrates ability to challenge the status quo and propose alternative solutions
- Creates a learning environment and is open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement
- Demonstrates positive, enthusiastic attitude
- Demonstrates high ethical standards and integrity, including adherence to all corporate, compliance, and regulatory guidelines and procedures
- Models and inspires cross-functional transparency and collaboration
- Ability to travel locally and internationally for project related activities, as necessary required (up to about 25%).
*Candidates who live and/or can relocate to Charlotte, NC in the future are preferred. However, this position can be filled remotely. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply and will be considered.
Covid-19 Vaccination Policy: All Milestone employees, regardless of work location, must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. This requirement includes a booster dose once eligible. Requests for exemption for medical or sincerely held religious beliefs will be considered.
EEOC Statement: Milestone believes in a diverse environment and is committed to equal employment opportunity for all its employees and qualified applicants. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Milestone will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
To apply, please visit the Milestone Pharmaceuticals LinkedIn Careers page.