Director, Scientific Resources and Education
Milestone Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity employer. This position will be in Charlotte, NC.
WHY JOIN MILESTONE?
At Milestone, we aspire to advance and implement paradigm shifts for cardiac therapy. We are currently focused on developing anti-arrhythmia treatments for self-administration outside of the emergency department or hospital setting for patients with acute episodes of paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia (PSVT) and atrial fibrillation (AFib), as well as other episodic cardiovascular conditions.
In addition to our science and innovation, we are a team guided and driven by our core values. Patient needs and empowerment are continually upheld as central to our mission. Our teamwork is strengthened in an environment in which we support and challenge each other while enjoying and celebrating our achievements. We maintain an entrepreneurial, proactive, and action-oriented mindset that places high value on grit, courage, and resolve. Decision-making is based on evaluating information and an idea’s merits; data-driven proposals are both supported and sought. We act individually and as a team with humility, candor, empathy, and unwavering integrity.
We have been successful in attracting and empowering best-in-class talent and we seek those with passion to join on our journey to develop treatments and to motivate change. We are excited about possibilities of this team and what we can accomplish together.
HOW WILL YOU ACHIEVE AT MILESTONE?
The Director, Scientific Resources and Education will be responsible for the development, execution, and maintenance of scientific resources to be used for Medical Affairs (MA) activities, as well as training materials and deployment logistics for the field-based medical teams (MSLs and HOLs), medical information, and other internal training needs. This position will have a key collaboration with Health Economics Outcome Research (HEOR) and Real-World Evidence (RWE) colleagues and activities to optimize the communication of those work products, eg, in support of market access functions. This position will be responsible for management of agency identification and/or maintenance for scientific resource and content development. In this role, the Director, Scientific Resources and Education will be responsible for innovating and developing medical digital technologies, working closely with cross-functional business partners. The Director, Scientific Resources and Education may support session coverage and medical information booth (MIB) coverage at Congresses and participate in key external stakeholder (KES) engagements. Additionally, the Director, Scientific Resources and Education will contribute to the Medical Affairs Plan (MAP) and be responsible for planning and managing projects related to scientific resources, training, and medical digital tactics.
YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
- Developing, maintaining, and oversight of the scientific resource development and management; training material development, planning, and facilitation of training delivery
- Support of other project plans and tracking of key deliverables for assigned therapeutic area. This includes an overview of project schedules/timelines, budgets, and plans for project quality, resources, communications
- Excellent communications skills, verbal and written; and comfort and agility in flexing among situations which might require differing styles of communicating, summarizing effectively, richly explaining, or listening.
- Excellent sense of and demonstrated skills with creating both textual and graphic/schematic communications products; ie, understand and be able to design a compelling slide or presentation.
- Identify proactively all risks / opportunities to be addressed with the content and education needs, working collaboratively with the Director of FBM and other MA team members
- Serve as subject matter expert for Governance / Medical Review Committee processes and provide operational support and/or guidance to Biopharma Ops teams, if applicable
- Manage medical communication vendor contracts, scope of work and ensure timely delivery of content for use
- Lead financial projections and overall management for Content & Education team budget, working with finance, TLs and other team members as necessary
- Support the creation and development of new, innovative tools (e.g. Data Visualization US and ex-US roll out, MST Newsletters, Asset infographics) across assigned assets
- Support omnichannel planning and execution, if applicable
- Maintains ongoing relationship with key partners to ensure the current process areas are followed and properly and consistently conducted; addresses any gaps in the process
- Works with the Content & Education TL(s) to assess organizational needs, capacity management, and identifies gaps. Proposes new processes and tools (including digital tools) to improve efficiency
- Drives agendas and supports facilitation of team and cross-functional Content & Education strategy meetings, ensuring minutes, action items are recorded, filed and tracked.
- Provides presentation development support for internal meetings and drives Op Plan process for Content & Education TL(s)
- Establish routine 2-way communications within and across sub-team members, including regional/country teams
- Responsible for maintaining all key documents in source system / platform e.g. Teams account and user access.
- Responsible for retrieving and storing (in content management solution) copyright permissions for certain figures, graphs and images as required.
- Qualifications and Education Requirements. Masters degree preferred, Bachelor’s degree required with ten years of experience in pharmaceutical industry or related fields or Master’s degree with nine years of experience in pharmaceutical industry or related fields
- Experience in global work environment preferred
- Understanding and adherence to Project Management methodologies
- Scientific Communications/Med Ed Agency experience a plus
- Ability to implement projects of strategic importance on time and within budget
- Capable of working independently on multiple projects with the ability to prioritize tasks and meet strict deadlines with good judgement
- Identifies, analyzes and communicates problems, issues and opportunities, ability to escalate as appropriate
- Strong problem-solving and follow-through capabilities
- Excellent organization skills, detailed oriented
- Ability to operate effectively in a heavily matrix organization, with experience managing global projects with team members in multiple locations
- Build effective relationships to influence without authority
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; fluent and able to influence others in spoken and written English
- Flexibility, the ability to adapt to changing project scope and direction; ability to adapt to changing team structure
- Ability to professionally interact with all levels of the organization
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive information
- Mastery of Microsoft Project, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong meeting organization and facilitation skills
- Ability to build/manage vendor relationships to deliver best in class content
- Embodies a can-do entrepreneurial mindset with a willingness to both lead and support key company initiatives
- Leads by example, attracts and develops talent, builds partnerships and creates a culture of collaboration and high performing teams that fosters open communication, constructive feedback and organizational flexibility
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross-functionally with partners outside of team and/or organization to enable higher performance
- Combines a welcoming and caring personality with a positive, enthusiastic attitude
- Demonstrates high ethical standards and integrity, including demonstrated adherence to all corporate, compliance, and regulatory guidelines and procedures
- Learns quickly and adapts rapidly in complex and/or stressful situations, with ability to manage multiple and shifting priorities
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo by asking questions and challenging appropriately
- Creates a learning environment and is open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation, and manages innovation to reality.
*Candidates who live and/or can relocate to Charlotte, NC in the future are preferred. However, this position can be filled remotely. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply and will be considered.
Covid-19 Vaccination Policy: All Milestone employees, regardless of work location, must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. This requirement includes a booster dose once eligible. Requests for exemption for medical or sincerely held religious beliefs will be considered.
EEOC Statement: Milestone believes in a diverse environment and is committed to equal employment opportunity for all its employees and qualified applicants. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other.