Manager of Accounting and Financial Reporting
Milestone Pharmaceuticals is seeking a talented and motivated financial professional to manage the financial statements and other financial responsibilities of a growing publicly traded pharmaceutical development company with offices in Charlotte and Montreal. This financial professional will be responsible for financial reporting, consolidating financial information, supporting the monthly close process, assisting in audit processes, and maximizing efficiencies of the financial aspects of Milestone’s business. Idea candidate is an enthusiastic team player, with excellent financial and interpersonal skills to work effectively on the Finance Team and collaborate with the larger organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare monthly internal financial statements;
- Lead the preparation of SEC filings; annual and quarterly financial statements and MD&A, 10-Q and 10-K according to U.S. GAAP;
- Prepare draft memoranda for new accounting pronouncements for the company;
- Contribute to workpapers for balance sheet accounts. i.e., cash and cash equivalent, short-term investments, accounts receivable, prepaid expenses, accrued liabilities, shareholder’s equity, etc.;
- Prepare journal entry stock options grants and analyze the equity section including warrants, ISOs and NQ stock options;
- Participate in preparation of corporate tax returns;
- Implement and identify internal controls, process improvements and efficiencies;
- Support the implementation of ERP/accounting software (MS Dynamics 365);
- Prepare schedules for annual budgets and quarterly forecasts;
- Prepare monthly variance analyses, with explanations;
- Review/approve bank reconciliations and other balance sheet reconciliation prepared by staff;
- Review/approve payroll journal entries;
- Assist in the coordination of government audits.
Education, background, knowledge and skills
- Degree in accounting or finance with a CPA;
- Three- to five-years of experience in public accounting;
- Strong GAAP skills are required;
- Experience working on public company financials is a plus;
- Knowledge of transfer pricing is a plus;
- Previous experience in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry is an asset;
- Knowledge of Dynamics 365 or equivalent ERP system experience is preferred;
- Strong analytical, financial systems and organizational skills are expected;
- Demonstrated ability to work under strict timelines and meet deadlines;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills—verbal and written—are required.
Milestone Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity employer
Disclaimer: The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, but rather are intended only to describe the general nature of the position.