Vice President, Market Access
Milestone Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity employer. This position will be in Charlotte, NC.
WHY JOIN MILESTONE?
At Milestone, we aspire to advance and implement paradigm shifts for cardiac therapy. We are currently focused on developing anti-arrhythmia treatments for self-administration outside of the emergency department or hospital setting for patients with acute episodes of paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia (PSVT) and atrial fibrillation (AFib), as well as other episodic cardiovascular conditions.
In addition to our science and innovation, we are a team guided and driven by our core values. Patient needs and empowerment are continually upheld as central to our mission. Our teamwork is strengthened in an environment in which we support and challenge each other while enjoying and celebrating our achievements. We maintain an entrepreneurial, proactive, and action-oriented mindset that places high value on grit, courage, and resolve. Decision-making is based on evaluating information and an idea’s merits; data-driven proposals are both supported and sought. We act individually and as a team with humility, candor, empathy, and unwavering integrity.
We have been successful in attracting and empowering best-in-class talent and we seek those with passion to join on our journey to develop treatments and to motivate change. We are excited about possibilities of this team and what we can accomplish together.
HOW WILL YOU ACHIEVE AT MILESTONE?
The Vice President of Market Access will lead the company’s efforts at securing optimal patient access and reimbursement for the company’s products with near term focus on etripamil, Milestone’s late-stage development candidate for the treatment of PSVT. Your role will be to craft the market access and trade strategy and recruit a talented team to deliver on that strategy. You will lead efforts, in collaboration with your Marketing and Medical peers, to develop a compelling product value proposition supported by robust clinical and economic evidence. You will also be responsible for a corporate office/virtual HQ team and a field-based market access team. You will lead cross-functional efforts around marketing strategies, programs and tactics associated with market access in the areas of payer reimbursement, IDNs, PBMs, HUB services, market research, trade, pricing, contracting, and health economics. You will report directly to the Chief Commercial Officer and be a core member of the commercial leadership team, partnering closely with stakeholders across the company including sales, marketing, medical affairs, human resources, and finance, to secure and maintain optimal market access for our products to support commercial success. To be successful, you must be able to operate as a leader in a fast-paced organization, with high expectations and accountability on quality and timing of deliverables. This is an excellent opportunity to join a high performing team committed to making a difference for the betterment of patients.
YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
- Designing and driving the Market Access strategic plan and providing inspirational leadership for the Market Access function to help achieve brand launch goals and company business objectives
- Recruiting and leading a high-performing team of experienced Market Access professionals, while overseeing the execution multiple strategies and the development of programs and tactics to attain strategic objectives in all areas of market access
- Leading managed care marketing and contracting strategy for payer and trade channels: Commercial Insurers, Pharmacy Benefit Managers (PBMs), Integrated Health Networks (IHN), Retail and Specialty Pharmacy, State Medicaid, Medicare, and Federal VA/DoD channels
- Fostering deep relationships/partnerships with key payer and critical third-party relationships; proactively meeting with C-Suite leaders at key payers to identify opportunities for broader collaboration and partnership, including both regional and national health plans; maintaining ongoing relationships with payers; monitoring performance of new contracts and performance to ensure all “upsell” or “expansion” opportunities are realized; and, establishing stable long-term contractual relationships that are efficient and predictable
- Partnering with Medical Affairs colleagues to develop the payer value dossier and ensure appropriate focus is applied to economic outcomes in clinical and LCM studies
- Collaborating with marketing in the development of the product value proposition and other resources for payers, as well as pull-through communications and resources for the US field team
- Continuously analyzing the market in terms of potential coverage and reimbursement issues, existing and emerging payer policies, competitive landscape, trends, pricing, contracting strategies, and potential barriers to provider and patient access
- Co-leading pricing governance to ensure alignment with all key stakeholders as it relates to establishing price, adjusting price, best price and other related elements.
- Actively engaging as a member of the commercial leadership team and collaborate with Marketing, Sales, Sales Training, Regulatory, Market Research, Legal, and Medical Affairs and any potential commercial partners
- Participate in projects, planning and events that are important to the business to promote thought leadership and payer visibility/relevance
- Ensuring all company values are met within the department on a consistent basis and be accountable to act, in compliance with all laws, regulations and policies
- Working closely with other departments and compliance legal departments to ensure the department meets and exceeds all training responsibilities and meets all policies and procedures
- BS/BA degree; master’s degree or higher preferred
- 20+ years in the healthcare industry with a 10+ year successful track record as a leader in pharmaceutical market access, reimbursement, trade, payer, HUB services and/or sales
- Company and product launch experience in US preferred
- Cardiovascular experience preferred but not mandatory
- Strong knowledge of the U.S. healthcare system and reimbursement processes/decision making
- Demonstrated knowledge of managed care lines of business, including Medicare, state Medicaid and Commercial HMO products
- Notable knowledge, credibility, and significant senior level executive relationships within the health plan industry along with strategic business development skills necessary to personally lead negotiations
- Experience leading and managing a team of pricing and market access professionals (including regional or national account management leadership) and working closely with senior company leaders
- Exceptionally strong team-oriented leader with excellent communication skills and collaborative work style across all areas of an R&D and commercial organization
- Strong strategic thinking skills, crafting innovative options, and solving problems and prioritizing projects
- Experience working closely with field sales organizations to implement marketing programs with measurable business impact
- Outstanding project management skills and experience managing multiple vendors, marketing partners and agency partners
- Entrepreneurial mindset, motivated by start-up environment with the ability to deal with ambiguity
- Excellent presentation skills and confidence in presenting to a variety of audiences
- Demonstrated ability to influence and manage multiple internal and external stakeholders and ability to build effective relationships
- Demonstrated high ethical standards and integrity, including adherence to all corporate, compliance, and regulatory guidelines and procedures
- Strong strategic thinking skills, crafting innovative options, solving problems and prioritizing projects
- Experienced in successfully leading and managing organizational change
- Able to travel up to 50% within the US
*Candidates who live and/or can relocate to Charlotte, NC in the future are preferred. However, this position can be filled remotely. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply and will be considered.
Covid-19 Vaccination Policy: All Milestone employees, regardless of work location, must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. This requirement includes a booster dose once eligible. Requests for exemption for medical or sincerely held religious beliefs will be considered.
EEOC Statement: Milestone believes in a diverse environment and is committed to equal employment opportunity for all its employees and qualified applicants. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Milestone will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
To apply, please visit the Milestone Pharmaceuticals LinkedIn Careers page