Vice President, Marketing
Why join Milestone?
At Milestone, we are aspiring to introduce a paradigm shift for cardiac therapy. We are focused on developing treatments for self-administration outside of the emergency department or hospital setting for patients with acute episodes of paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia (PSVT) and atrial fibrillation (AFib), as well as other episodic cardiovascular conditions.
Beyond our science, we are a team guided and driven by our core values. Patient needs are continually upheld as our guiding light. Our teamwork is strengthened in an environment in which we support, challenge and care for each other while having fun and celebrating our achievements together. We maintain an entrepreneurial mindset that places high value on grit (courage and resolve). Decision making is based on evaluating information and the merits of the idea. We act individually and as a team with humility, empathy, and unwavering integrity.
We want the best talent combined with high passion to continue on our journey to find cures and motivate change. Just imagine the possibilities of this team, and what we can do together.
How will you achieve at Milestone?
Reporting to the Chief Commercial Officer, the Vice President of Marketing will be responsible for building and executing marketing strategies for the launch of etripamil in the US market. The successful candidate will be a foundational member of the commercial leadership team and will be responsible for marketing to all external customers as well as leading agency, commercial partner/vendor relationships, establishing KOL relationships, and leading cross functional collaboration. He/she will be responsible for building a marketing team of top talent and fostering a culture of innovation and teamwork. In addition, the Vice President of Marketing will help to build and work closely with all key commercialization functions, including Medical Affairs, Market Access, Commercial Operations, Supply Chain, Regulatory Affairs, Finance, and Human Resources to ensure organizational alignment with the marketing strategy. In this leadership position, this executive will direct marketing goals and help establish broader commercial and corporate goals, including advocating for the required budget and resources from the executive team. In addition, the Vice President of Marketing will ensure timely guidance to senior management on key strategic marketing initiatives. Although primarily focused on the launch of etripamil for the PSVT indication, the Vice President of Marketing will also contribute to plans for future pipeline assets as well as life cycle activities for etripamil. The successful candidate will ideally be willing to relocate to Charlotte but could also work remotely (East Coast-based) if they can commit to frequently commuting to attend key organizational and planning meetings with their commercial peers.
You will be responsible for
- Direct, initiate, and oversee the development and implementation of effective marketing strategies for the launch of etripamil that are executable, easily communicated, and clinically supported;
- Oversee and deliver on the execution of compliant US brand marketing plans and programs, including developing and managing the commercial budgets and forecasts, coordinating execution of operating plans, and implementing/assessing effectiveness of marketing tactics;
- Effectively communicate and champion the brand vision and marketing strategies/plan to all related internal and external stakeholders;
- Develop and/or improve core capabilities of the marketing function including brand management, direct-to-physician and direct-to-patient marketing, and digital/social media;
- Hire, coach, develop, and retain a high-performing marketing team and support recruitment/retention of other commercial functions;
- Maintain an effective and collaborative relationship with all internal stakeholders, including Medical Affairs, Sales, Market Access, Commercial Operations, Finance, and R&D to successfully drive business objectives with consistency and contribute to key stakeholder engagement and satisfaction;
- Work collaboratively with key thought leaders, academic institutions, and professional and patient advocacy groups to validate commercial approach;
- Work seamlessly with agency of record, strategic consultants, commercial partners, and other vendors to develop launch programming and ensure superior execution of tactics;
- Contribute to plans for future pipeline assets as well as post-launch, growth phase, and life cycle activities for etripamil by advising R&D teams regarding data required to support positioning, publication strategies, and building scientific share of voice;
- Identify and align on market research needs and plans with Commercial Analytics; and,
- Provide input on payer/pricing strategies through product life cycle.
- Marketing professional with minimum of 15 years biopharmaceutical and/or healthcare experience including minimum of seven years in US pharmaceutical pre-launch and launch marketing and an outstanding record of accomplishment in leading high-performing marketing teams.
- Experience in US pharmaceutical sales/sales management, commercial analytics, and/or market access strongly preferred;
- BA/BS degree required; STEM undergraduate/graduate degree preferred;
- MBA, PhD, or equivalent advanced degree in life sciences, economics, or marketing preferred;
- Demonstrated successful leader with a strong network and an aptitude for developing/mentoring people and building/managing diverse, creative, and action-oriented teams;
- US product launch experience strongly preferred, including success in launching key products/brands and consistently achieving sales growth and market share objectives;
- Experience with commercialization of cardiovascular therapies/technologies a plus;
- Demonstrated track record in strategic planning and execution with extensive experience delivering on programs with complex business imperatives;
- Data-driven approach to market analysis and decision-making, with a strong scientific acumen and understanding of medical needs within a therapeutic area;
- Demonstrated ability to initiate, develop, and nurture national-level KOL relationships;
- Exceptional communication, both verbal and written, project management, and influencing skills;
- Demonstrated problem solving, judgment and decision-making abilities—particularly with soft issues; and,
- Demonstrated ability to influence and manage a complex set of internal and external stakeholders.
- You are a leader that demonstrates a strong executive presence with a motivational leadership style that inspires others, conveys confidence, and demonstrates passion.
- Embodies a can-do entrepreneurial mindset with a willingness to both lead and support key company initiatives;
- Leads by example, attracts and develops talent, builds partnerships and creates a culture of collaboration and high performing teams that fosters open communication, constructive feedback and organizational flexibility.
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross-functionally with partners outside of team and/or organization to enable higher performance;
- Combines a welcoming and caring personality with a positive, enthusiastic attitude;
- Demonstrates high ethical standards and integrity, including demonstrated adherence to all corporate, compliance, and regulatory guidelines and procedures;
- Learns quickly and adapts rapidly in complex and/or stressful situations, with ability to manage multiple and shifting priorities;
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo by asking questions and challenging appropriately;
- Creates a learning environment and is open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement; and,
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation, and manages innovation to reality.
*Candidates who live and/or can relocate to Charlotte, NC in the future are preferred. However, this position can be filled remotely. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply and will be considered.
Covid-19 Vaccination Policy: All Intellia employees, regardless of work location, must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. This requirement includes a booster dose once eligible. Requests for exemption for medical or sincerely held religious beliefs will be considered.
EEOC Statement: Intellia believes in a diverse environment and is committed to equal employment opportunity for all its employees and qualified applicants. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Intellia will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law
Milestone Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity employer
Disclaimer: The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, but rather are intended only to describe the general nature of the position.